WINTER 18 RELEASE NOTES
WINTER 18 RELEASE NOTES
- THE ABRIDGED VERSION- NOW WITH MORE JOKES AND SARCASM
- SALESFORCE DX IS NOW GA OMGWTFBBQ
- The Salesforce CLI Also wooooo
- LEX changes how it looks. More data per square centimeter, less whitespace, and a nice background. No, you can't change the background.
- LIGHTNING REPORT BUILDER IS OUT (in beta). nice interfaces for reporting yay. Still can't do Joined reports, though…
- Enabling Person Accounts is now "streamlined", meaning they now make you check a checkbox before actually logging a case.
- We can activate multicurrencies without Support now, though, so that's nice
- Process Builder Events! Start process builders swhen "events" happen. (see documentation, can't summarize that)
- CUSTOM SETTINGS NO LONGER SUPPORTED IN LEX LIST VIEW COMPONENT.
- SAML Signing Certificate Has Been Retired
GENERAL SALESFORCE THINGS
- The lightning readiness check is a bit more awesome. Tell your clients about it if they want to migrate.
- Global search now allows you to find stuff even if you misspell it. They finally got to where Google was 15 years ago.
- Einstein Lead Scoring is available in Classic now.
- Einstein Activity Capture is now available for Exchange
- Lighting Gmail sync is now better and offers two-way event sync
- Release notes now have a Marketing Cloud section ! …. but it just links to the Marketing Cloud ones. Sorry
- Skype for Salesforce is now GA.
- Flows are now translatable without doing all that customlabel+formula shit.
- a new "Time" field type (BETA). It stores time, but it won't save you time. I would make more jokes but i'm out of time. Can someone create a field ? :smile: LIGHTNING
- They updated Lightning Console Apps. They still suck though, and don't have things like notifications. Don't put Service Clients in LEX unless you know exactly why.
- "Navigation Rules" allow you to load, in LEX Console view only, all the related records of a record. maybe that's useful ?
- Lightning now has keyboard shortcuts. RIP Chrome extension.
- we can now mass edit records in LEX in list views, and apply changes to pu to 200 records at a time
- we can merge personaccounts now.
- updates for Campaign Influence mutliple campaigns per opportunity, etc.
Current general status: to study. Updates are starting to make LEX somewhat service compatible. still very bleeding edge though.
- Milestone component is live now, though, so yay for that :p
- Live Agent is also LEX compatible now
- they also added Macros
- Community 360 is live. Basically a lightning component that allows you to see a customer's activity in communities.
- Lightning Knowledge seems to be getting more awesome. Now has embedded videos and stuff.
- Omnichannel now has a Custom Requested DateTime field. It should be used to prevent a case going back to the end of the queue when being rerouted after an agent has refused a case for example. But, Seeing as Omnichannel assigns older elements first, this means that you could Theoretically use this field to prioritise omnichannel work items coming in by arbitrarily giving them an older timestamp than reality… Need some time to play with this.
- Setup is more thourough when creating a new community.
- UI Improvements and changes.
- Dynamic branding is here ! One branding per Audience!
- Partner Central is online. It's a partner portal but more beautiful.
- Communities support Path components.
- New Community type: Customer Account Portal.
- FINALLY we ahve a "Blank" community template so we can host pages behind login screens easily.
- CMS Connect supports Drupal, SDL, Sitecore, or WordPress.
- You can use custom fonts in a community, Salefsorce offers a free CDN for communities, more stuff can be customized in the Builder, etc.
- You can embed Flows in Communities. Oh Yeah.
- File Sharing with communities became "easier" ? We should be able to set visibility on upload now. To test. No info about Lightning Experience.
- YOU CAN MANAGE COMMUNITY LICENSES AND LOGIN AS COMMUNITY USERS IN LEX. WOOOOOOO THEY REMEMBERED ABOUT FEATURES.
- Supposed Enhanced Changeset support. Actually sucks. Don't use it.
- new Lightning Component Library (beta)
- improvmeents to the lightning framework as usual
- new FindDuplicate methods. They find duplicates.
- updates to test classes, with parallel running.
- User Interface API is now GA
This abridged version was graciously reposted from the SF Discord https://discord.gg/6eQFVUv