Channels & General Etiquette
#general can be used for anything including banter and support requests. Anything in the Automated category is automated. Posting in there can be done, but most have it muted. So you probably won't get an answer. #random is where memeing takes place
#nsfw-rant is not really nsfw but will contain strong language. If you can't see #nsfw-rant this is because you just joined. If your account stays active for more than three months, you will get access to it automatically.
`#general` and `#nsfw-rant` tend to have huge spikes in activity. If you have a question that requires a bit more conversation, you should head over to the `Specialities` channels. .
#job-offers is where you want to speak about job offers. If you're a recruiter, you should head there. While honest mistakes are fine, spamming normal discussion channels with job offers will not be tolerated.
We generally don't moderate the server too heavily, but we do have a couple of rules:
- no politics. This was a community decision, and we do enforce it by deleting the messages and warning offending users.
- no NSFW images, including in #nsfw-rant
- no spamming in general - no pm-ing members without their approval, especially for help requests. Channels are made for that.
- self-promotion is tolerated, by members who have already contributed to the community, and NOT in the Specialities channels.
- anything written in these rules is considered to be known by all Server members. Infringing any of these rules is passable of being muted for a day on the first offense, kicked on the second, and banned on the third. You can appeal in #meta or by PM'ing the mods. Any update to these rules are posted in #announcements.