Winter '19 Abridged
The Salesforce Discord Collective Presents:
THE WINTER 19 RELEASE NOTES - ABRIDGED
May contain nuts
- Salesforce For Outlook is slowly being retired and no future patches are planned. All admins should schedule a migration to Outlook Integration or Lightning Sync ASAP.
- Salesforce will now enforce the 18-month retention policy for history tracking data. This limit was previously unenforced. If you report on older data, act now to preserve it.
- YOU CAN CHANGE DENSITY SETTINGS IN LEX looking at a record page is no longer a russian winter snow simulation
- You can finally change multiple owners in Lightning. 2 years after the LEX Launch, they’ve decided it was time to add one button to rule them all.
- Dev hub available in Dev and Trial orgs start playing with SFDX :)
- Limits for number of flows, number of processes, and number of waiting interviews, have been severely increased. Automate All The Things
- There seem to be new entitlements for Flow Interviews per org. The wording makes it seem like these limits did not exist before. You may want to keep an eye on your usage and ring up Salesforce support if needed…
- You can enable the Akamai CDN to load lightning experience fast as the wolves of icewrack.
- You can prevent users from switching back to classic. Remember to throw them clean water in their cell.
- They added a search bar to list views. If you type in that, the global one, AND open a lookup field open, you could search while you search your search.
- Salesforce Surveys get better, but are still a less good GetFeedback.
- Service Essentials now boasts CTI and a dumbed-down community. Starts looking like a fair option for small companies.
- Flow Screens got a shit ton of small quality of life adjustments. Toggles, Dependent picklists, sliders for number values, email and phone validations…
- Salesforce Actively pushing the 1 Process per object structure I TOLD YOU SO (he yelled to no one in particular)
- If you use collaborative forecasting and Enterprise Territory Management, the two are now compatible
- Forecasts in general suck less with better navigation and sharing. Territories get a lot of real small upgrades as well.
- When you switch opp owners, you can now retain edit rights on that opp. It’s particularly interesting because this could be a new trend accross objects…
- Einstein Bots can now use autolaunched Flows. This looks ridiculously awesome.
- LiveMessage gest a few updates including Facebook Messenger connections.
- You can access LiveAgent Setup in LEX.
- Route Work to Agents Using Both Queues and Skills Simultaneously in the Same Org. I mean their title is perfect, not going to rewrite it.
- Skill Based routing beta now also available for liveagent
- Guided Actions renamed to Lightning Flows for Service, with minor updates.
- Pardot is now in Lightning Experience - hopefully you can stop being logged into two apps the entire day.
- You can Sync pardot campaigns with SF now
- Joined Reports in Lex (beta, limited)
- Report Subscription is now something that makes sense Basically you can subscribe other people. Spam Marc with ALL the Marketing Reports. He’ll Love it. Hey Mark ! You see that report of all leads from all time ? You’re subscribed daily now !
- Sharing Sets now valid for all community license you can breathe easier, Community Plus license holders. Sharing sets also got better.
- New Template called Help Center Basically what old Kokua was - requires Knowledge to activate. Ironic, because Koa and Kokua got killed in this release.
- Guest Users Will be able to access Flows. WILL be. It’s not available upon release.
- Akamai CDN activated by default for communities. Faster loading times yay.
- You can Use Kanban on the Recently Viewed lists. nice.
- The Lightning Usage App is now better, giving you stats about where users switch back to classic, page load times, per browser, etc.
- They remembered Console Users also ned to edit browsable tabs
- List View Sharing In Lightning because migrating features that are more than 10 years old still requires celebration.
- Why ?
- Email Opens now tracked in the Activity timeline of records. Nice.
- You can schedule recurring events but it’s still in beta. Small Indie Companies can’t reinvent everything, recurring events are hard…
- Filter Component Visibility via Permissions This is actually REALLY AWESOME.
- Salesforce, for the second release in a row, actually delivers something you care about, and implements the
System.callableinterface. To quote the RN, ’the Callable interface allows integrations in which code from different classes or packages can use common base types.’
- Apex Methods can now be Cacheable
- VSC can now connect to existing orgs, not just scratch orgs (beta)
- You can fetch images over HTTPS now with IMAGEPROXYURL, and isolate third party content via Iframes. Salesforce likes you isolated, and if it doesn’t have to look at you. So sweet…
Class sharing can now be
inheritedfrom a parent class
- New components including beautiful maps using google maps.
- Minor change that’s a huge QoL: you can edit custom metadata records in memory within Apex meaning you can calculate a result, use that in your code as-is, and then commit the result via async api - instead of waiting to see if the async job had completed so you could resume operations.
- Not going to lie, Einstein Analytics got a damn fair share of upgrades this time around. If you use Eintstein Analytics, Read the release notes section
This abridged version was graciously written up by the SF Discord https://discord.gg/JG4Bc4q
We have a “website” now: https://sfxd.github.io/ with our beautiful new logo thanks to Aki we love you man ♡