ARCHIVED - Process Builder Naming Conventions
Process Builder is old, decrepit, and deprecated.
You can't create new ones, and if you're editing old ones you should be migrating to Flows instead.
This is ARCHIVED content, will never be updated, and is here for history reasons.
- A Process Builder name SHALL always start by
PB, followed by a number corresponding to the number of process builders in the Organization, followed by an underscore.
a. If the Process Builder Triggers other Process Builders, it SHALL always start by
b. If the Process Builder is Invoked by other Process Builders, it SHALL always start by
- The end of a Process Builder name SHOULD always be:
- the name of the object, in the case of a Triggering Process Builder (TPB)
- the action carried out, in the case of an Invoked Process Builder (IPB)
- the trigger and action, in the case of a standalone Process Builder (PB)
- A Process Builder name COULD contain either
CESwrapped by underscores, to show if the PB triggers on Creation, Creation and Edition, or Subsequent Modifications that Fill Criteria. The default assumed setting is
CEif none is written. *3
- All Process Builder Triggers MUST have a description detailing their purpose.
- A Process Builder Decision Diamond SHALL be named after the criteria that are used in the most precise manner possible.
- A Process Builder Action SHALL be named after the action being carried out in the most precise manner possible.
|Process Builder||TPB01_Opportunity||This Process Builder invokes all invocable Opportunity Process builders|
|Process Builder||IPB01_SetOwnerTarget||Copies over target from Owner to calculate monthly efficiency|
|Process Builder||PB01_ContactBirthdatEmail||Sends a birthday email on the contact’s birthday.|
|Decision Diamond||Status is “Approved”||#N/A|
|Action||Sets Contact Scoring to 10||#N/A|
|Process Builder (possible variation)||TPB01_Opportunity||This Process Builder invokes all invocable Opportunity Process builders. Also Handles various actions such as birthday emails.|